Thursday, January 13, 2011

Live: The Certain Three Tour (The Ambience Affair, Windings, We Cut Corners) ...plus Jeff The Brotherhood in Brixton

Yesterday I posted about a London gig that I can't go to. Today I'm posting about a gig I'm actually going to. It's The Certain Three tour and it's hitting the Roisin Dubh, Galway TONIGHT!

Who are the certain three then?


This is The Ambience Affairs new single. If these guys don't get noticed to a significant degree in 2011 I know fuck all about music and will be taking up a good pensionable job in the private sector and shutting my mouth once and for all.




We Cut Corners have gone from being one of those pretty good Irish bands to one of those excellent bands full stop.




And Windings, the current musical outlet of Steve from now-defunt Limerick rock legends giveamanakick released an album back in October. I wasn't massively impressed last time I saw them live but I can only wait and see what they're like tonight.



Here are the rest of the dates:

14th January 2011- The Workmans Club, Dublin
15th January 2011 – The Spirit Store, Dundalk
20th January 2011 – The Pavilion, Cork
22nd January 20111 – Gonzo Theatre, Cavan
28th January 2011 – De Barras, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
29th January 2011 – Dolans, Limerick


Also, the bloody brilliant Jeff The Brotherhood are playing tonight in The Windmill Brixton.

Jeff The Brotherhood - U Got The Look

...also playing are Dignan Porch who are a new one for me and New Year's Evil who I posted about back in November.

Also, I'm aware that many of the readers live neither in Galway, nor London. I hope I'm not alienating people. What you need to do is take these posts as a list of three or four excellent bands that I would be focusing on anyway, but they just happen to be playing together, which is a nice coincidence for me in that I can tie them all in together on the blog. Good bands, PLUS!!! ...a gig for people who can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment