Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dancefloor Magic vol. 8

After posting the new Hercules & Love Affair single the other day I had a ruffle through their older stuff and had a relisten to this remix of the already well danceable Blind by Chicago house original Frankie Knuckles.

Hercules & Love Affair - Blind (Frankie Knuckles Remix) Alt

Speaking of Frankie's, I went to Jersey Boys, the musical about Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, when my brother and sister came to visit. It was fantastic fun and full of songs I hadn't known were written by the band. I'm also watching Mrs. Doubtfire and there's a montage with this track playing. I've never played it to a crowd but I'd love to hear it out some time.

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - Walk Like A Man Alt

And finally, 4AD Record's first ever number 1, from back in 1987, and apparently the first UK number 1 to contain samples, it's MARRS!

M/A/R/R/S - Pump Up The Volume Alt

facebook twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment