Thursday, October 14, 2010

N-E-W: Zola Jesus, Cut Chemist & Tribes


The wonderfully talented Nika Rosa Danilova, aka Zola Jesus is a 21 year old from the US with a huge voice. She's already toured with Fever Ray and has a well acclaimed album, Stridulum which came out recently. Yesterday she released an E.P Velusia on Sacred Bones records. You can pick it up here

Zola Jesus - Poor Animal by souterraintransmissions

Turns out Cut Chemist had an album out in July. That one passed me by. I'm listening to it now and am a bit sad I didn't catch it at the time as it would have been a great summertime listen. Ah well, here I sit in a big jacket on a cold dry London morning with it's African and Latin rhythms bringing me back to sunnier times in the background! Sound Of The Police is out now.

Cut Chemist - Povo De Santos Alt

Finally, tonight I venture out to London town with my friend Phil who used to live here. I heard this band the other day and noticed they were playing in the Flowerpot. Phil vouched for the Flowerpot being good fun. So it's on. Tribes are the band, well worth checking out.

Tribes - Nightdriving/Useless God by Scharna

facebook twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment