Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Live: Rural Savage, Daithi & Girls

I'm just home from seeing Girls, in Monroe's in Galway, pretty good, nothing spectacular but nice to see them.



But the support really nailed it. First off, Rural Savage, mad bastards from Donegal. Sarky punk rock at it's finest. I'll post about them soon.

And then Daithi comes on. I'd seen him before and he really impressed but this time everyone seemed to turn around and say, "shit, everyone's gonna know about this dude in a year". Daithai is kind of a mix of Two Door Cinema Club, Final Fantasy, Justice and Enya. He plays fiddle, loops stuff, adds beats and synth and makes really nice dancey trad. We spent the evening trying to come up with a genre for it. ElecTrad was my favourite. I'm going to post an mp3 tomorrow, but check this out:

No comments:

Post a Comment