Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adebisi Shank - This Is The Second ....

I have the new Adebisi Shank album. It's called This Is The Second Album Of A Band Called Adebisi Shank. You may recall how much I loved the first album (you'll never guess what it was called). Well I think I like this one better. Post-rock guitar twiddling and rawking out could have it's limits, I will admit, but this ten track monster takes that possibility and turns it on it's head. It's a celebration, it's experimental and it's off the fucking hook. And it features two very cool guests, Conor J. O' Brien (Villagers) and Richie Egan (Jape & Redneck Manifesto).

The album will be released on August 20th with a show in Whelan's, here are the details:

Doors 7:30pm
Tickets: €12 (Including Booking Fee)
Get tickets from tickets.ie here or WAV [lo-call 1890 200 078]

I saw them last week in the Roisin Dubh in Galway. Probably the best live band in the country. NOT to be missed.

I posted this track last week, I'm terribly sorry but I'm gonna have to post it again, as it ties in with this preview review thingy. If you haven't heard it yet, enjoy!

Adebisi Shank - International Dreambeat by Nialler9

No comments:

Post a Comment